Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blessings - Day 2 followup

As I left work and headed for the gym, my son called and asked if his friends could come over and hang out at the house. Since I was going to the gym, they decided to go to one of the other kids homes. Mom must be home. As I finished my workout and was driving home, he called again and asked if they could now go to our house. I offered to pick them all up on the way back.

After I hung up, I realized... I have to feed these kids! And they really aren't kids. They are 15 & 17 year olds. The other moms have so graciously fed my son many times recently as they've made the house-to-house-to-house stops. I picked them up, stopped by the grocery store, grabbed a few things, and went home to cook a very good enchilada, rice, bean-dip, chip supper. They ate every bite up and thanked me many times telling me it was a delicious meal. I even made brownie-cookies for dessert.

As I cooked, I realized... hey! This is my "blessing"! An unexpected blessing at that! And I received it happily!! I had not planned on cooking a big meal for everyone, yet I had the opportunity to and was happy to do it. Amazing how God plans these things.

So... my FB post last night: "At 6:00 I agreed to feed dusten's 4 buddies. Quick thinking and a quick stop at W/D and we all ate home-made bean dip, chips n enchiladas. Brownies are in the oven. Fun times! Guess that counts as being a blessing."

No comments: