Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Many blessings - Day 1

As I sat contemplating what to write on my FB wall yesterday, I decided to write something encouraging about blessings. Not the everyday blessings we all come to expect and take for granted, but the unexpected blessings. So here is what I wrote.

"Another day. What unexpected blessings await us? With God... you just never know! Keep your eyes and ears open. And don't EVER limit Him!"

I thought about it a couple of times in the day. Hoped it might have encouraged someone. Then when it was time for bed, I reviewed my day and realized I had received an unexpected blessing and didn't even realize it (that's what typically happens, isn't it?). I put it on my FB wall.

"My unexpected blessing today: easily found humor and felt no stress as I spent 90% of my day dealing with my failing laptop. Might not mean much to some, but it sure does to me!"

And that truly was unexpected. My entire day consisted of setbacks and sidetracks, but I was in a great mood and laughed about it all. I handled it as best I could and figured I needed to do some computer house-keeping anyway. I was thankful I had the time to do it.

Today I was a bit annoyed at having to use a substitute computer, but I got mine back around 2:00 and it was almost 100% fixed. My tech guy will come finish the job soon, I hope.

No comments: