Thursday, July 1, 2010

Blessings - Day 3

Yesterday was day 3 of my "blessings" path. I had no great aha moment about what I was to do with the day or receive from the day. I tried, but just didn't feel it. So I watched and went about my day as usual. Did any big surprise come my way? Not really. Was it a good day? Yes it was. But it was one of those days that you just go through and enjoy. Normal. Which is truly a blessing all in its' self when you stop to think about it.

I woke up in a great house (not big or fancy, but just what I NEED), got in my good-running, air-conditioned car (not new or pretty, but just what I NEED) and drove to my nice, comfortable, fun, and sometimes challenging job with an air-conditioned office. I don’t earn a 6-figure salary but I pay my bills and have a little shopping money left over each month. My co-workers are great. My family is here and we love spending time together. My church family is just that…family. My blessings list goes on and on and on.

Last night was church skate night! Although my son is 17 and didn’t need transportation from me, I went anyway. I used to love to skate. Even as a teenager in high school. That was the thing to do in my day (that sounded old!). It took a few laps and a few skate-lace adjustments, but I got my legs and balance back and had a great time pretending to be young again. You’re only as young as you act, right? The soreness has yet to kick in, but I’m sure it will! Totally worth it!

Thanks, God, for ALL my blessings. You have truly blessed me beyond my worth.

No comments: